Just like MTN, Airtel offers cheap data for their night users. Just like I stated in the MTN night plan article, night plans are known to provide more data than the regular data plan and if you are someone who downloads heavily, using a night plan to do that is the correct thing to do.
You can get 250MB data for N25 from the Airtel night plan, and unfortunately, you can only subscribe to the bundle once a night. The MTN night plan happens to be better than that of Airtel at the moment as MTN night plan also gives you 250MB data for N25, that you can accumulate up to 2GB data per night, but we cannot say the same cannot for Airtel night plan.
How to subscribe to Airtel night plan
- Migrate to Airtel SmartTRYBE by dialling ∗312# then reply with 1 to migrate to the plan. If you’re already on Airtel SmartTRYBE, you can skip this step.
- After migrating to Airtel SmartTRYBE tariff, recharge your Airtel SIM card with at least N25 then dial ∗312# then reply with 3 to subscribe to an Airtel night plan.
I would like to point out that you do not need to always be on the SmartTRYBE tariff before you can enjoy night browsing on Airtel. You can also enjoy night browsing on Airtel if you’re on SmartCONNECT plan but the code for Airtel night plan remains ∗312# then reply with 3 to activate the bundle.
One other thing you should take note of is that this night plan is valid from 12 AM – 4:59 AM and any value not consumed by then will be forfeited.
How to check Airtel night plan data balance
There’s no code that you can use to check the data balance of your Airtel night plan, but there’s a simple way to do so.
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Locate Data Usage and tap on it.
- You will see the volume of data that you’ve used over the period.