Mathematics, often shortened as math includes the study of such topics as quantity (number theory), structure (algebra), space (geometry), and change (analysis), according to Wikipedia.
It should come as no surprise to see students of this subject excel very well in it during both tests and exams, while some struggle with it. If you struggle with Mathematics, you shouldn’t panic at all because solving calculations, in general, can be easy using math solver apps.
There are a couple of these math solver apps available for you to use especially when you don’t feel like stressing yourself over a calculation question. In this article, we are going to explore some of the very best apps you can use to solve almost any maths problem.
The best Math solver apps for Android
Photomath math solver is one of the best math solver app for solving math problems and algebra calculators. It uses augmented reality, which means that you can simply point your camera at any piece of paper with an equation or an arithmetic problem and it will find a solution.
The app is free to use and it works offline meaning you don’t need an internet connection before you can use it. The key features of this app are;
- Word problem explanations.
- Free to use.
- Step-by-step explanations for every solution.
- Exclusive how-to animations.
- Scroll through multiple solving methods per problem.
- Multi-functional scientific calculator.
- Interactive graphs
Photomath supported math content are:
- Basic Math/Pre-Algebra: arithmetic, integers, fractions, decimal numbers, powers, roots, factors
- Algebra: linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations, systems of equations, logarithms, functions, matrices, graphing, polynomials
- Geometry (specific textbooks only)
- Trigonometry/Precalculus: identities, conic sections, vectors, sequences and series, logarithmic functions
- Calculus: limits, derivatives, integrals, curve sketching
- Statistics: combinations, factorials
Download - Photomath
2. Malmath: Step by step solver
Malmath is another free to use math problem solver with step by step description and graph view. It also works offline and would help you solve integrals, derivatives, limits, trigonometry, logarithms, equations, and algebra. It is currently available in English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Turkish, Albanian, Croatian, Arabic, Portuguese, Azerbaijani, Russian, Japanese languages.
What are Malmath key features?
- Step by step description with detailed explanation for each step.
- Easier to understand steps using highlights.
- Graph analysis.
- Generates math problems with several categories and difficulty levels.
- Save or share solutions and graphs.
Download - Malmath: Step by step solver
Mathway is a smart math calculator for algebra, graphing, calculus and more. It covers all levels of math, including:
- Basic Math/Pre-Algebra (arithmetic, integers, fractions, decimal numbers, roots, factors, and more)
- Algebra (linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations/inequalities, absolute equations/inequalities, systems of equations, logarithms, functions, matrices, graphing, and more)
- Trigonometry/Precalculus (trigonometric functions, identities, conic sections, vectors, matrices, complex numbers, sequences and series, and more)
- Calculus (limits, derivatives, integrals, and more)
- Statistics (probability, permutations, combinations, and more )
Download - Mathway: Scan Photos, Solve Problems
MyScript Calculator allows the user to handwrite the math problem on this math solution app to get better solutions. With scratching out gestures, you can easily erase the unwanted area. MyScript gives the feeling of writing on the paper and solving it over this math problem solver. It supports:
- Basic operations: +, -, ×, ÷, /, ·,
- Powers, roots, exponentials: 7², √, ∛, e³
- Miscellaneous operations: %, |5|, 3!
- Brackets: ( )
- Trigonometry: sin, cos, tan, cot, cosh, sinh, tanh, coth
- Inverse trigonometry: asin, acos, atan, acot, arcsin, arccos, arctan, arccot, acosh, asinh, atanh, acoth, arcosh, arsinh, artanh, arcoth
- Logarithms: ln, log
- Constants: π, e, phi
MyScript Calculator is not free to use.
Download - MyScript Calculator
Graphing Calculator is a scientific graphing calculator integrated with algebra and is an indispensable mathematical tool for students from high school to those in college or graduate school or just anyone who needs more than what a basic calculator offers.
It is designed to replace bulky and costly handheld graphing calculators and works on virtually any Android phone or tablet. It supports:
- Square root, cube and higher roots (hold √ key)
- Exponent or power, use x^ key, (x^2)
- Logarithms ln(), log(), log[base]()
- Trigonometric functions sin π/2, cos 30°
- Hyperbolic functions sinh, cosh, tanh, (hold “e” key to switch)
- Inverse functions (hold direct function key)
- Complex numbers, all functions support complex arguments
- Derivatives sin x’ = cos x, … (hold x^ key)
- Scientific and engineering notation (enable in the menu)
- Per cent mode
- Binary, octal and hexadecimal numbers, 0b1010, 0o123, 0xABC
- Save and load history
- Multiple functions graphing
- Implicit functions up to 2nd degree (ellipse 2x^2+3y^2=1, etc.)
- Polar graphs (r=cos2θ)
- Parametric functions, enter each on a new line (x=cos t, y=sin t)
- Function roots and critical points.
- Graph intersections
- Tracing function values and slopes
- Slide to scroll
- Pinch to zoom
- Function tables
- Save graphs as images
- Save tables as CSV
- Simple and complex fractions 1/2 + 1/3 = 5/6
- Mixed numbers, use space to enter values 3 1/2
- Use parentheses (1+2)/(3+4)=3/7
- Linear equations x+1=2 -> x=1
- Quadratic equations x^2-1=0 -> x=-1,1
- Approximate roots of higher polynomials
- Systems of linear equations, write one equation per line, x1+x2=1, x1-x2=2
- Polynomial long division
- Polynomial expansion, factoring
- Linear and quadratic inequalities
PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS
- Hold n! key to enter functions, double tap dot to enter comma
- Combinations nCr(5,2)=10
- Permutations nPr(5,2)=20
- Sample A=[1 2 3 4 5]
- Sample B=[2 3 4 5 6]
- Sum sum(A) = 15
- Average avg(A) = 3
- Median median(A) = 3
- Sample variance var(A) = 2.5
- Population variance varp(A) = 2
- Standard deviation stdev(A) = 1.58…, stdevp(A) = 1.41…
- Covariance cov(A,B) = 2.5
- Correlation corr(A,B) = 1
- Matrix and vector arithmetic operations
- Vector cross product, dot product (hold *) and norm
- Matrix determinant, inverse, transpose and trace functions
Graphing Calculator has both free and a pro version. The free version requires an internet connection and contains ads, upgrading to the pro version would remove the ads and allow you to use it without an internet connection.
Download - Graphing Calculator
6. GeoGebra Graphing Calculator
This app helps you:
- graph functions and equations
- Find special points of functions
- Plot functions, polar and parametric curves
- Experience transformations with sliders
- Get special points of functions: roots, min, max, intersections
- Do regression with best-fit lines
- Search for free learning activities directly from our app
- Save and share your results with friends and teachers
Download - GeoGebra Graphing Calculator
7. Scientific Calculator
This free scientific calculator offers several useful features allowing you to carry out advanced calculations. Its simple and intuitive design makes it a pleasure to use. The calculator has all the functions that would be expected of a scientific calculator and several more advanced features too, including complex numbers and matrices.
The Scientific Calculator’s features include:
- polar, spherical and cylindrical graphs.
- basic mathematics operators addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, remainder and powers.
- conversion between decimal and surd answers.
- indices and roots.
- logarithms base 10, e (natural logarithm) and n.
- trigonometric and hyperbolic functions and their inverses.
- complex numbers can be entered and displayed in polar or component form.
- all valid functions work with complex numbers, including trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, when set to radians.
- calculate the determinant, inverse and transpose of a matrix.
- Matrices of up to 10×10.
- LU decomposition.
- Vector and scalar product.
- Numerical integration.
- Double integrals and triple integrals.
- Second derivatives.
- Partial derivatives.
- Div, grad and curl.
- Choose the precedence (order of operations) for implied multiplication:
2÷5π → 2÷(5×π)
2÷5π → 2÷5×π
- 26 scientific constants.
- 12 Mathematical constants.
- unit conversions.
- factorials, combinations and permutations.
- double factorial.
- degrees, minutes, seconds, radians and gradians conversions.
- fractions and percentages.
- absolute function.
- Gamma function.
- Beta function.
- Floor, ceiling, Heaviside, sgn and rect functions.
- Equation solver.
- Prime number factorization.
- Base-n conversions and logic functions.
- previous 10 calculations stored and re-editable.
- last answer key (ANS) and five separate memories.
- random number generators including normal, Poisson and binomial as well as uniform distributions.
- probability distribution calculator for normal, Poisson, binomial, student-t, F, chi-squared, exponential and geometric distributions.
- One and Two variable statistics, confidence intervals and chi-squared tests.
- user-definable decimal marker (point or comma).
- automatic, scientific or engineering output.
- optional thousands separator. Choose between space or comma/point (depends on decimal marker).
- variable precision up to 15 significant figures.
- scrollable screen allowing arbitrarily long calculations to be entered and edit
The super fast algorithms allow the scrolling and zooming of 2D and 3D graphs in real-time, using the touch-sensitive screen.
- Graph implicit equations in 2 and 3 dimensions. e.g. x²+y²+z²=5².
- Graph inequalities in 2 dimensions. e.g. 2x+5y<20.
- Graph functions of a complex variable.
- Display up to 5 graphs on the same screen.
- Active analysis of functions, for better graphing of 2D functions with singularity points. e.g. y=tan(x) or y=1/x.
- Intersections on 2D graphs.
- The calculator is customizable allowing you to change the colours of the screen, background and all the individual buttons, allowing you to personalize its appearance.
Download - Scientific Calculator
With these apps listed above, solving most maths equations should come easy for you. Most of these math solver apps help you solve maths when you scan the equations, however, not all answers they give are correct. So, with this information, you can have it in mind to always know how to go about when you use these apps to solve your equations.