The federal government has opened the job application portal for the Nigeria Jubilee fellows programme, a post–NYSC work placement programme for Nigerians.
Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is aimed at getting work placement for Nigerian graduates who have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme.
President Muhammadu Buhari last Tuesday said the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme “is expected to create new opportunities for 20,000 graduates annually” will “maximise the opportunities presented – for 12 months, with or without job experience, thereby connecting them with local job opportunities.”
The portal was opened Monday to interested applicants and the process will run for six weeks, “between September 6 and October 20, 2021.”
The fellowship is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The programme seeks to connect talented graduates with local job opportunities that apply their expertise while equipping them with world-class practical knowledge and relevant skills.
It provides applicants with three options for applicants after completing the fellowship which includes retainment with respective host organisations, entrepreneurship opportunities, and a platform to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
Requirements for Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme
- To be an eligible fellow, the applicant must be a Nigerian citizen and a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduate no earlier than 2017.
- Applicants must graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above and must be at most 30 years old.
- Applicants must not be currently engaged in any employment and would have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or have a certificate of exemption.
- Applicants must demonstrate interest/commitment in the chosen career field and also demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- They must also have excellent time management and a professional attitude and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Nigerian graduates interested in the programme can visit https://www.njfp.ng/apply to begin their application. “The programme will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate,” a statement on the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme portal said.