SIMO is a virtual e-SIM compatible app which allows you to connect to the Internet globally without the need for a physical SIM card from a service provider. This app comes as a system app into some of the latest phones produced recently. You can find this app in the Tecno Camon series (12 & 15). They are also partnering with the likes of Infinix, Lenovo, and other Mediatek devices, so we can hope to see them in other devices soon.
SIMO started its process in Nigeria early last year and kicked off things by giving out free data to users to carry out some test run. Today, SIMO is now fully functional, as you can easily purchase data on the app with ease. With SIMO installed on your Android Phone, you can connect to the Internet in over 130 countries & regions without a SIM card.
The data plans offered on SIMO are quite enticing as you can grab 100GB of data for just NGN 14,999. As a heavy internet user, this looks very interesting and affordable right, let’s see how to use the app.
Eligibility & installation process
The first step to take is to confirm if your device is eligible to use the app, all you need to do is to click here to check if your equipment can download the SIMO app if it cannot download the app. It means that your device is not compatible to use the app, if it’s the other way round, keep on reading this article.
We should all assume that your device is eligible to use this app, and after installing the app, launch the app, click on connect, and you are good to go.
For your SIMO app to connect, you need to allocate a SIM slot for it, i.e., if it’s going to function on your device, it’s going to switch off one of your two SIM cards, and it will now operate in the position of an already existing SIM card on your device.
How many countries and regions does SIMO support?
- North America: United States, Canada, Mexico, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Barbados, Bermuda, Curacao, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Martinique, Montserrat, Turks & Caicos Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, El Salvador, Anguilla, Bonaire, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Saint Martin, Dominica, British Virgin Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent, and the Grenadines.
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname.
- Asia: Indonesia, India, Vietnam, Japan, Taiwan(China), China, Israel, Turkey, South Korea, Laos, Philippines, Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Hong Kong SAR, Singapore, Kyrgyzstan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Macau SAR, Dubai, Uzbekistan, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar.
- Africa: Nigeria, Tanzania, Algeria, Egypt, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, South Africa, Tunisia, Zambia.
- Europe: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Cyprus, Czech, Germany, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, San Marino, Vatican, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Belorussia, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Russia, Ukraine.
- Oceania: Australia, Christmas Island, Fiji, Guam, New Zealand, Saipan.
Simo data plans & prices
- 100MB (50MB plus free 50MB) for just N69.00, and it’s valid for seven days.
- 200MB (130MB plus free 70MB) for just N129.00, and it’s valid for seven days.
- 1.5GB (1.2GB plus free 300MB) for just N799.00, and it’s valid for 30 days.
- 2.5GB (2GB plus free 500MB) for just N1399.00, and it’s valid for 30 days.
- 100GB (80GB plus free 20GB) for just N14,999.00.
There are five different payment methods available on the app to help you subscribe to any plan with ease. These plans are;
- Using PalmPay.
- Bank Account.
- Bank Transfer.
SIMO accepts USD($), IDR(Rp), and NGN(N) currently. If you pay with USD, you can use your Paypal or Credit Cards. If you pay with IDR, you can pay with OVO, GOPAY, or pay at Alfamart stores. If you prefer NGN, SIMO supports Palmpay, Bank Transfer, Bank Card, or USSD(powered by FlutterWave).
To be clear, you can install SIMO on any Android phone, but it will only work on select phone models that have virtual SIM technology built into the phone’s chip.