Estimated reading time: 5 minute(s)
Can someone ask why we Nigerians no longer have access to most things online? Take a look at the Google voice number now, it is only available to those who reside in the United States of America.
I can tell you that this doesn’t matter as we are going to learn how to get a Google Voice number here in Nigeria, it still doesn’t deviate us from the question of why we Nigerians no longer have access to most things online. Someone will actually say that we should mind our business, and that will do.
In summary, Google Voice number can be used in calling and receiving calls all over the world predominantly from your computer or web. There are some online businesses that allows only foreign number and that’s where Google Voice number will come in handy.
How to get a Google Voice number in Nigeria
- Firstly, download Tunnelbear VPN app from playstore and turn on the VPN.
- Go to voice.google.com and tap on “GET FREE NUMBER” and on the next page, options will be available for you to choose your number. Pick one number and move to the next step.
- Now, you need a real USA number to verify your Google voice number. Simply, download Textplus app on playstore, is now available for Nigerians: you don’t need VPN any longer to keep your Textplus number. Register on the Textplus app and generate a virtual USA number.
STEP 4: Now, copy that USA number you generated on Textplus and paste it on the box to verify your Google voice number.
- And also, enter the verification code sent to your Textplus number on your Google voice page.
- After that, you have gotten and claimed your Google Voice number!
That’s it! You should receive your own free Google voice number. However, you can download the Google Voice app on your Android device via this link to make things easier for you when signing up.