Glo Borrow for Others is a service that allows customers to request airtime and data for friends and family when they have run out of airtime or data and you are expected to pay back on your next recharge within a specified period.
It is not difficult to qualify for this service, all you need to ensure is that you must meet the minimum age in the network of 3 months and should have paid any unpaid loan on your SIM card. Friends and family members can use the airtime or data you request for them for normal activities.
How to use Glo Borrow for Others
- You can borrow online or by dialling ∗777# or ∗321#.
- Let’s assume you dial ∗777#, reply with 9 (borrow credit or data) > 4 (borrow for others).
- Select the amount you want to borrow for the other individual, enter the phone number of the recipient and tap send to confirm. To get specific denominations use the following shortcodes:
- ∗321∗1∗25# for N25.
- ∗321∗1∗50# for N50.
- ∗321∗1∗100# for N100.
- ∗321∗1∗200# for N200.
- ∗321∗1∗500# for N500.
- ∗321∗1∗1000# for N1000.
- ∗321∗1∗2000# for N2000.
- ∗321∗1∗50# for 35MB.
- ∗321∗1∗100# for 95MB.
- ∗321∗1∗200# for 200MB.
- ∗321∗1∗500# for 650MB.
- ∗321∗1∗1000# for 1.6GB.
- ∗321∗1∗2000# for 4.4GB.
Glo Borrow for Others FAQ
- Yes, they can.
Q. Can your friends and family call other Networks with the Borrow for Others?
- Yes, they can.
Q. What happens if I receive airtime through ME2U and I have taken a loan?
- The amount will be recovered. Any transaction that credits the main account triggers a recovery if the subscriber has a loan.
Q. What happens if I don’t repay my loan after 72 hours?
- Your account will be swept off any airtime remaining there subject to the loan taken. You will not be able to access the Service until you pay back the entire amount owed, and it will adversely affect your credit rating which is important for qualifying for higher amounts in future.
Q. I applied for N500 but they got N425 instead, why?
- The amount they receive is less than a 15% service charge which will be recovered together with the credited amount next time you reload.
Q. I borrowed N500 and I had N500 in my account prior and I have not reloaded since, at what point do you start deducting from the remaining balance?
- They will begin deducting from the borrower’s main account within 72 hours after Borrowing the loan.
Q. What minimum balance should I have in my account to successfully apply for Borrow Me Others Service?
- You can qualify for this product with any balance in your main account.
Q. Can I borrow more than once without repaying the first loan?
- Yes. You are allowed just an additional time to borrow again without repaying the first as long as the loan is within your eligibility Matrix. But you must completely repay the 2 loans before you are eligible for another.
Q. What happens to my Borrow Me Credit in the event I replace my SIM card?
- Your Borrow Me Credit service remains intact and will be accessible as soon as you replace your SIM card as long as the grace period has not expired, which is currently at 72 hours.
The Glo Borrow for Others service allows active prepaid subscribers who meet the eligibility criteria, to Borrow Airtime or Data for Friends and Family. Are you out of airtime? Borrow now and pay later by dialling ∗777# or ∗321#. Borrowed Airtime will be deducted from your next recharge.