There’s actually a Glo offer that can match Airtel 20X Recharge offer one-on-one and this offer is called Glo Yakata. Glo Yakata is not a new offer as it has been around for almost a year now still some Glo users don’t know what they are missing out by not being on this plan.
First of all, Yakata is a prepaid plan which rewards customers with amazing data and voice benefits every time they recharge their Glo lines. The plan allows customers to satisfy their browsing and talking needs from the same recharge. All new prepaid customers will get Yakata once they activate their lines. When you buy a Glo SIM today, you get up to 6GB data every month for 6 months (that’s 36GB of data) plus a whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge to call all networks.
Let’s quickly carry out an exercise right now, pick up your device and dial #100# to see your tariff plan, if you are on the Yakata plan, you should be grateful because you are going to see what you get to benefit from being on the plan.
Benefits of Yakata plan
- Voice benefit can be used to call all networks; the more you recharge, the more value you enjoy
- You will enjoy up to 6GB free data every month for 6 months!
- A whopping 22 times value (2,200%) on every N100 recharge to call all networks
- If your 1st recharge of the month is N200 or more, you will get a special data bonus that is 2.5 times higher than the regular data benefit
- You will enjoy this special data offer on every first recharge of the month for six months
- Bonus is valid for 7 days
If you are wondering how you get these benefits, the real truth is that everything all depends on the amount that you recharge on your Glo line. Ok quickly take a look at the table below to see what I’m talking about.
|Recharge Amount (N)||Main Acct All-Net (N)||Bonus Acct On-Net Voice Benefit (N)||Bonus Acct All-Net Voice Benefit (N)||Data Benefit (MB)||Social Data Benefit* (MB)||Data Benefit on 1st recharge of the month (MB)|
FAQs on Glo Yakata plan
- How much do I pay for making calls on Yakata
• All calls are charged at 70k/sec for both main and bonus accounts
• SMS is charged at N4/msg from main account and N20/msg from bonus account
- What happens if there is airtime in my Main account? Your calls will be charged first from your bonus account. You will only be charged from the main account if the bonus account is fully depleted/expires if you are making international calls or paying for value-added services.
- How do I use the Data Benefit? If your phone is data enabled, you can start browsing as soon as you recharge and receive a confirmation message of your voice and data benefit
- How do I use Social Data Benefit? Social data benefit (chit chat) can only be used for Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter.
- What happens if I have an existing data plan before recharging? The Yakata bonus data will be added to your existing data volume and the higher validity period supersedes. For example, if you have an existing data plan of 2GB with 30 days validity and you recharge with N200, you will receive a 50MB bonus with 250MB on the first recharge and your new data balance will be 2.3GB with 30 days validity.
- Will I get YAKATA benefits if I recharge with Glo e-Top Up? Yes, Yakata is available on both physical and e-recharge platforms.
- How do I know if I have received the Yakata Bonus? Confirmation messages will be sent to your phone after every recharge. In the unlikely event that a confirmation message is not received, kindly dial *230*1# to view your YAKATA bonus.
- Do I need to dial any special code to start enjoying YAKATA SIM Benefits? All new SIMs are on YAKATA by default. Just ensure that your New SIM is properly registered and you will get YAKATA benefits on every recharge.
- What happens if I exhaust my Yakata Voice Bonus? All your calls will be charged from your main account upon the exhaustion or expiration of your voice bonus until your next recharge.
- What if I’m unable to consume all my Yakata Bonus within the Validity Days? Unused bonus cannot be carried over unless another recharge is made within the 7 days bonus validity period.
- Can I accumulate my Yakata bonuses? Yes, every recharge you make will increase the total airtime balance in your YAKATA bonus account.
- Can the bonus airtime be used to subscribe to any value-added service? No, all value-added service subscriptions will be charged from the main account
- Can I make international calls with the bonus? No, all international calls will be charged from the main account.
- Can I share my Yakata bonus with another Glo customer? No, any value in the bonus account is not shareable or transferrable.
- Is Yakata a promotional offer? No. Yakata is a tariff plan and customers will continue to enjoy the plan benefits so long as they remain on Yakata.
- How to add Friends & Family numbers? You can add up to 10 GLO Numbers to your Friends & Family Account. Dial *101*1<Mobile Number>#.
- What will be the Tariff for Friends & Family Numbers? The Tariff is 70K/Sec for calls to Friends & Family Numbers
How to enjoy Yakata on Glo
To enjoy all these benefits that the Yakata plan has to offer, you need to migrate to Glo Yakata plan on your SIM card, to do so dial ∗230#, new customers on the Glo network should dial #100# to see if they are on the Yakata plan, if you’re not on the plan then you can join the Yakata plan by dialing the code above.
If you wish to migrate to another plan, simply dial the code of the plan you are migrating to. First migration within a month is free; subsequent migrations within the same month attract a charge of N100 per migration.
What’s better than enjoying free 6GB data every month for 6 months (that’s 36GB of data) plus a whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge to call all networks, almost nothing. So go grab a Glo SIM today and enjoy all these amazing benefits.