What comes to mind after losing your Zenith bank’s ATM card, restricting access to that card’s usage. You might be wondering how tasking it would be to achieve this, it’s an easy thing to do as long as you remove the thought of having to go to the bank just to block your ATM card.
We will go through several methods you can use to block a Zenith ATM card be it MasterCard, Verve or Visa, any of these procedures should prevent unwanted card usage from unauthorised persons to avoid losing cash.
How to block a Zenith Bank ATM card
There are three major means you can take to achieve this and we’ll be looking at the various methods you can use starting from the easiest down to the most tasking of them all. These methods are:
1. Using USSD code
It is very easy to block your Zenith Bank ATM card using this method. It only requires you to take a few steps as all you need to do is to dial ∗966∗60# and select option 6 using the line linked to your Zenith account.
You can also suspend all financial activities on your account using the USSD code. To achieve this dial ∗966∗60# using any phone number, enter your account number and reply with 1 to block your account.
2. Using a mobile app
- Launch the Zenith mobile app, log in and open the menu at the top left corner of the app.
- Select Cards then toggle the button beside Active to deactivate the linked ATM card.
There is still a chance that you might not have your account registered to USSD or mobile app banking. It doesn’t matter still as you can opt-in for this last option
3. Using the Zenith bank customer support
There are several means you can use to contact Zenith bank customer support both online and offline. They are:
- ZenithDirect: 234(1) 4647000, 2787000, 2927000 or 0700-ATM-ZENITH,
- ATM Unit: 0700-286-936484 or 0700-CARD-ZENITH (Highly recommended)
- CARD Unit: 0700-2273-936484, Fax: 234(1) 2618212
Official social media pages
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Zenithbank/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/zenithbank (Highly recommended)
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/zenithbank
Blocking your Zenith ATM card doesn’t take up to 5 minutes depending on which method you use. However, note that blocking your Zenith ATM card doesn’t require you to reach the bank however, you will have to get to the bank if you want to unblock the ATM card.