Almost no Nigerian takes it as new news that using PayPal to send and receive money is difficult knowing fully well that PayPal has set the restriction of their services for Nigerians. With this knowledge, we have taken some time to look at ways by which we can use PayPal as Nigerians to send and receive cash to people abroad.
I’ve already covered tutorials on this blog on how to create both Lesotho and South African PayPal accounts that can help you carry out transactions online as I’m letting you know about this just in case you want to give either of them a try. As for this article, I’m going to guide you through how you can create your very own personalized UAE PayPal account that you can use to send and receive cash from anywhere in the world.
How to create a UAE PayPal account that can send and receive money in Nigeria
- Open your browser on any available device and go to paypal.com/ae.
- Tap Sign Up.
- Select the Business Account and tap Continue.
- Enter the desired email address you would like to use for the PayPal account. Tap enter and enter the desired password that you would like to use to gain access to the account after opening it (Ensure that it contains both number(s) and letters).
- On the next page, you would be required to fill in details about your business, just be as honest as possible and fill in your real details. As for the business phone number, change the country code to that of Nigeria, just fill in your Nigerian number ensuring that you do not add the 0 number to it and as for the address, fill it as you see in the picture below. After filling the details, check the User Agreement and Privacy Statement box below and tap Agree and Continue.
- The next page would require you to talk more about your business. Select Business Type as Individual/Sole Proprietorship, Product or service keywords should be Business Services and provide any URL if you have any then tap Continue.
- On the next page, you would be asked to tell PayPal more about yourself and this is where you would need to provide your date of birth and your means of identification. Fill the required details and click Submit.
With this procedure, you should create your UAE PayPal account. The next thing you need to do is to link a card most preferably a MasterCard or Visa with which you can use to pay and receive cash straight to your bank account. UBA AfriCard seems to also work too so you can use it.
With this, you can now have a good means of collecting payment from clients abroad, surveys and apps like ClipClaps. So far, ClipClaps is the best paying app in terms of getting free PayPal funds, so I’ll advise you to check it out here.