Estimated reading time: 8 minute(s)
Creating system restore points on your Windows computer is very good and vital, this is if you want to really keep hold of your files. Not many Windows users have knowledge about the restore point, so, I’ll brief you on what restore point is.
Restore points are the clone of the whole windows settings and the changes at the given instant that could be stored for the future access. If in future any ill effects happen inside the system and you get your windows running in the wrong way then through using the restore points the Windows could be reverted to the working condition as it was in that restore point stage.
Now that you know what restore point is, I’m sure that you will want to learn how to create daily system restore point on Windows so as to keep your PC safe. Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to create daily system restore points on Windows
There are basically two methods that any Windows user can use to create system restore points, the methods include using the Group Policy Editor and Registry Editor.
1. Using the Group Policy Editor
- First of all, search for ‘Create System Restore’ on the Windows 10 Start menu. From the result click on ‘System Properties’.
- Next, move to the ‘System Protection’ tab and then select the Windows installation drive and click ‘Configure’
- Now you need to enable the ‘Turn On System Protection’ option and click on ‘Apply’ then on ‘Ok’
- Now, press Windows Key + R and on the Run command box type ‘gpedit.msc’.
- Now, you will see the Local Group Policy Editor. You need to browse to the following path – Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender > Scan.
- Now from the right-hand side menu, find and double click on the ‘Create a system restore point’.
- On the next window, select ‘Enabled’ and click on Apply then on ‘Ok’
2. Using Registry Editor
- Tap the search icon on the taskbar and type the Regedit inside the window.
- Inside the Registry Editor you will have to reach to the destination as per the path is given below- ” HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender” Right-click on the Windows Defender folder and then select New>Key options. This will create the new key inside the Registry and you will have to rename it, keep the name to Scan.
- Again right click on the right panel and then click on the New>DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name this value as DisableRestorePoint. Restart your PC and this is all done. Whenever you would be working on the PC this shall now create the restore point for all of your work. This is damn easy to do this up indeed you would not require to do anything up.
That’s how you can create daily system restore points for your Windows computer. With this, you no longer need to worry about your PC having certain issues. Hope you liked this tutorial, if you faced any challenge, you can leave a comment below let’s see to it.