A restore point is a handy feature that takes a sort of snapshot of your PC’s software, registry, and driver configuration at a specific point in time. In previous Windows versions creating a restore point on your PC has been tasking but this feature has been improved over the years and it could be very helpful in any case of emergency.
The latest preview build of Windows 11 creates a restore point automatically, so, you don’t have to manually create it on your PC. However, it is always advisable to create a restore point on your Windows frequently, in case of an emergency. Without wasting any more of your time, I’ll walk you through how to create a system restore point in Windows 11.
Steps to create a system restore point in Windows 11
- Click on the Windows Start button and select Settings.
- Click on the System option.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘About’ section.
- Click on the System protection option.
- This will open the System Properties window. Select the drive and click on the Configure button.
- Enable the Turn on system protection option. You can also adjust the disk space used for system protection. Once done, click on the Ok button.
- Click on the ‘Create’ button.
- You need to name the restore point. Name it anything that you can remember and click on the Create button.
That’s it! You are done. This will create a system restore point in Windows 11. You will see a success message after the creation of a restore point.
If you encounter any difficulties when trying to create a restore point for your Windows 11, feel free to leave a comment below.