In the article, we are quickly going to take a look at how we can deactivate a Twitter account. Please note that Deactivation puts your Twitter account in a queue for permanent deletion. Read this article for more information about how to deactivate a Twitter account.
How to deactivate a Twitter account
- Open Twitter on a web browser or application and log in. You cannot delete your Twitter account on Twitter’s app – you must do it through a browser.
- Click on your profile image and then click the ‘Settings’ button to take you to the settings page.
- Select ‘Settings and Privacy,’ and then click ‘Deactivate my account.’
- Click ‘Deactivate @username,’ and then re-enter your Twitter password. This helps Twitter confirm it is definitely you, and prevents your account being deleted as a prank or even as an accident.
- Wait for the 30 days to pass, and your account will be deleted.
Twitter doesn’t offer a temporary delete, as many other social media sites do, but instead operate on a grace period. If you log in within 30 days of asking them to delete your account, they will reactivate it. After that, however, the account will be gone.