OneDrive is a file hosting service and synchronization service integrated with the Windows OS, it comes pre-installed with the Windows 11 operating system.
OneDrive is very useful to a Windows PC as it helps with backing up desktop, documents, and picture folders (other folders inclusive). Despite being useful, if you have limited storage left on your Microsoft account, you might want to disable OneDrive on Windows 10/11. Likewise, if you don’t want to auto-upload the files to the cloud storage service, you need to disable OneDrive on your system.
How to disable OneDrive on Windows 10/11
- Launch OneDrive on your Windows 10/11 computer.
- Right-click on the OneDrive icon located on the taskbar.
- From the list of options, click on Settings.
- On the Microsoft OneDrive Settings page, click on the Account tab.
- Under the Account tab, click on the Unlink this PC option.
- Now, on the confirmation pop-up, click on the Unlink account option.
Following this procedure should help you with disabling OneDrive on your Windows 10/11. Once you have completely disabled the OneDrive, you will need some alternative cloud storages to replace it. There are quite a few cloud storage options you can use, such as:
- Google Drive: Offers 15 GB of free space for a personal account. You can download the Google Drive app on your PC as a substitute for the OneDrive account.