Google Play Store is the most used app store for certified devices running on the Android operating system. This app store has millions of app in it and there is almost no saying that you won’t be able to get an app to solve your problem(s).
Now, there are little challenges you can face when trying to download one or app or the other from Google Play to your Android device, one of these challenges is an app not being available for your region, another can be device version not compatible to download and install the app, or it can be something else.
You won’t have to worry about encountering these problems if you know how to download files available on Google Play Store to your PC. There are different methods to go about this as I’ve already covered how you can install Google Play Store on Windows, you can feel free to check that out. If for any reason you want to know more about this topic, continue reading this article.
Steps on how to download APK files on Google Play Store to PC
1. Using a browser extension
- Visit Chrome store or Firefox store using your PC and search for APK Downloader by APK Combo, download and add to your web browser.
- After adding the extension to your browser’s extension bar, launch it. It’ll take you to a new URL, on that URL, you’ll see boxes with options like Name Or Package Name or Google Play URL. Device, Architecture and Android Version.
- Type the name of the app you want to download, select your device type, architecture and also your Android OS version, then click on the Generate Download Link Button, then you can download the app from the list of available apps you see on the new screen.
2. Using websites
This method is a very popular one to use, some websites offer Android apps available on Google Play, you can download apps from there. Some of these websites are; apkpure.com, uptodown.com, softonic.com, apk4all.com, apkmody.io, rexdl.com.
3. Using Evozi
- Visit https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/.
- Open Google Play Store on another webpage and search for the application you want to download from Play Store.
- Open the app of choice then copy the app URL or Package Name/App ID from the URL bar. For example, to download the WhatsApp APK file, the link to copy is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatsapp and the Package Name/App ID is com.whatsapp.
- Go back to the Evozi page and paste the copied app URL or package name in the space tab and click Generate Download Link.
- A green button would appear afterwards, click to download the app.
I hope this tutorial helped you solve your problem with downloading apps to your PC. If you encounter any issue(s), feel free to drop a comment below.