Telegram is a popular social media messenger and as many would swiftly conclude, a better messenger than WhatsApp but we are not here for comparison rather how to carry out a specific function such as downloading videos on Telegram with an iOS device.
Lots of individuals prefer Android devices to iOS because of the countless opportunities that an Android user can explore via the Android OS. I can partly agree with the fact that in this part of our world, there are lots of restrictions that an iOS user can face such as the inability for an iOS user to download music & videos from popular music websites, share apps and games via a file-sharing app such as Xender, etc.
It is a good thing to find a solution to all these intricacies however, we are going to look at how we can download videos on Telegram and watch them with an iOS device. When I refer to iOS, I’m largely referring to iPhone devices as most of us use them and not the iPads.
Naturally, it is not possible to download a video from a Telegram channel, group or Telegram as a whole and watch the movie, if you think I’m telling lies, you can try it before continuing reading this article. Android users, on the other hand, do not have any complaints to lay down, they have the power to download and watch videos straight from the Telegram app. The good news is that after reading this article, iPhone users would also have the same power to download and watch videos uploaded on Telegram on their devices.
For the iPhone users who happen to be on our Telegram channel, who see the movies we upload and cannot download them, after reading this article, you won’t feel left out anymore. I think that’s enough talk for now, let’s get on with today’s tutorial.
How to download movies on Telegram and watch on an iPhone device
- Launch your Telegram app and navigate to the video file you want to download, click on the arrow pointing down within the circle by the side of the app, this should start downloading the video. To know if the video file has finished downloading, the arrow pointing down within the circle would change to a square-shaped icon.
- Now go to your app store and download and install VLC Media Player, don’t launch it yet.
- Go back to the file you just downloaded on Telegram and tap on it, a blank page should come up with only the name of the video showing there. Look at the top-right corner of your screen and tap on the icon there.
- When a popup shows below your iPhone screen, scroll down a little and click Save to Files.
- Tap VLC and tap Save. Go to your VLC Media Player and you should see the video there, tap on it and it will begin to play automatically.
This is just one way that you can use to download videos on Telegram and watch them with your iPhone device, there is another easier method that you can take and that has been posted as a video tutorial. You can watch the video below.
If you are ever in need to download the latest movies, our Telegram channel is the right place to get them. The files are the same thing you see on the popular netnaija site and they are as clear as you can find them there. Click here to join our Telegram channel, you can also do us a favour by subscribing to our YouTube channel, it won’t take too long.