Right from the moment when WhatsApp announced that they would take action on third-party apps by banning the accounts of individuals who make use of the apps, the number of people using the official WhatsApp messenger has increased.
Yes, we thought we had gotten a solution to the problem when GBWhatsApp v6.90 app was released but our hopes were all destroyed as the app changed nothing.
Few days ago, while I was moving most of my files from my old Android smartphone to the new one, I was surprised to see two WhatsApp installed on the old smartphone and at that time, I was making use of the original WhatsApp due to the ban issue.
I was confused on the one to send to my new smartphone, so, I picked on at random. When it was time to install the app, I go to find out that it was GBWhatsApp. At first, I panicked but then decided to give it a try one more time. After installing and setting up everything, I got a pop-up notification on the app telling me to update this app to the latest version, I did so.
Up till today, I can tell you that I am still using GBWhatsApp to chat, save people’s status and do other things that the app allows me to do without been banned since then.
As usual, I am going to enlighten you today on how to fix the temporarily banned problem on GBWhatsApp. I will list out two methods to help you fix your WhatsApp account and some tips to protect your GBWhatsApp from temporary ban in the future.
How to fix the temporarily banned problem on GBWhatsApp
Before we begin, I recommend all GBWhatsApp users to move to WhatsApp Plus because WhatsApp Plus has the same official WhatsApp package name “com.whatsapp,” have fewer problems and 99% can’t get a ban. The app also works with all stickers apps. Here’s how to move from GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp Plus.
How to move from GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp Plus
Before removing your GBWhatsApp, you need to check if you can install WhatsApp Plus on your android device, So follow these steps below :
- Go to your Mobile Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Find WhatsApp (If you can’t find the “Official WhatsApp” on your phone, congratulations!! You can install WhatsApp Plus without any problem).
- Click on Uninstall (If you see “Disable” instead of “Uninstall” it means that you can’t install WhatsApp Plus)
- Finally, if you successfully uninstall the “Official WhatsApp” or did not find it installed on your mobile device, you can go to the next steps.
Now that you have checked if your device is able to install WhatsApp Plus, follow these steps below :
- Open your GBWhatsApp.
- Take “Backup of your Chats” from (Settings > Chats > Backup Chats).
- Uninstall the GBWhatsApp from your device.
- Go to “My Files” or “File Manager” app on your Android Device. If you don’t have an App that manages your files, download “File Manager” App From “Here”.
- Open your “File Manager” App, find the “GBWhatsApp” folder and rename the folder to “WhatsApp”.
- Download and install WhatsApp Plus from “Here”.
- Open your Mobile Settings > Click on Apps > Click on Blue WhatsApp.
- Scroll down and click on Permissions.
- Enable all available permissions.
- Now open WhatsApp Plus and verify your number.
- After verifying your number, you will see a screen that contains the restore chats backup menu. Click on the green restore button to restore your chats to the app.
Now that we have learned how to move from GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp Plus without any stress, let’s quickly get back to the other methods on how to fix the temporarily banned problem on GBWhatsApp.
1. Method 1 (95% Working)
If you got banned before or after the installation of GBWhatsApp 7.10 or higher version, You need to follow these instructions to fix the ban issue.
- If you want to keep your chats, wait for the time for the ban to end. After the ban has ended, take a backup of your chats from (Settings > Chats > Backup Chats).
- Uninstall your WhatsApp app. Download and install GBWhatsApp from “here” and verify your number once more.
- If you still see “Temporarily Banned,” wait for the ban to finish and after that use your new GBWhatsApp.
- If you still have “Temporarily Banned Problem” after carrying out all Instructions above, install this “Official WhatsApp” from “here” and use it for a day. After that, remove it and install GBWhatsApp again.
What if after following the instructions carefully and you still got banned, then you need to follow this other method.
2. Method 2 (99% Working)
If you still have the “Temporarily Banned Problem” after carrying out all the instructions in “Method 1”, please kindly follow these Instructions:
- Go to “My Files” or “File Manager” App on your Android device. If you don’t have an App to manage your files, Download “File Manager” App From “here”.
- Open your “File Manager” App, look for the “GBWhatsApp” folder and rename the folder to “Deleted GBWhatsApp”
- Uninstall the current GBWhatsApp app on your smartphone.
- Now, install this “Official WhatsApp” from “here” and verify your number.
- Go to (Settings > Account > Delete My Account), write down your number and click on “DELETE MY ACCOUNT”.
- Uninstall “Official WhatsApp” from your device.
- Download and install GBWhatsApp v7.20 from “here” and verify your number again.
This solution works with 99% of users, but if you still get banned after following this procedure, I recommend you to use the “Official WhatsApp” for a few days and then try to install GBWhatsApp again.
Tips to avoid WhatsApp ban
Here are some helpful tips that you need to assist you with avoiding the WhatsApp ban.
- Do not send bulk messages or forward too many messages at the same time.
- Do not use any old GBWhatsApp versions (older than v7.10).
- Do not try to post status for more than 30 seconds.
- Don’t send automated messages.
- Don’t send too many messages to people who do not have your number.
- Don’t add people to groups they do not want to be in it.
- Keep your GBWhatsApp always updated by checking for the latest updates on GBWhatsApp Page.
After installing the latest GBWhatsApp on my smartphone, I can tell you that I have been enjoying GBWhatsApp to the fullest. I can’t guarantee if you will or will not get banned if you use the GBWhatsApp app, but I can assure you that the GBWhatsApp v7.20 fixes the anti-ban problem.
You can download GBWhatsApp v7.20 from here. Also, if you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to share it to your friends using the share buttons just below this post. You can join us on our WhatsApp group to become part of the Qualytech family.