Since the introduction of QR codes to the Instagram app, users have found it easier to open profiles on the photo-sharing platform with just a few clicks.
With the availability of this feature, businesses and companies alike would find it very beneficial if they own one of these since it can allow their customers open their Instagram profiles with ease.
The feature should not be new to many Instagram users as it has been available since 2018 as ‘Nametag,’ however, we would be using this opportunity to take a look at how you can find and customize your unique QR code on mobile and desktop as well as scan others.
How to get your QR code on Instagram (Mobile)
- Launch the Instagram app & tap on your profile icon on the app’s bottom bar.
- Tap the three horizontal lines located at the top-right corner and tap ‘QR Code.’
Instagram would display your profile’s QR code, people can scan the code to access your profile on the Instagram app. You can save your code to your phone’s gallery. Before you do that, you can optionally change the QR code’s background type by tapping “Color” at the top. You can use a specific color, an emoji, or a selfie as the background. If you choose the “Color” option, tap anywhere around the code to view the available color options.
How to access your QR code on Instagram (Desktop)
- Visit the Instagram website and log in to your account.
- Click on the profile icon located at the top-corner and click ‘Profile’ from the list of options.
- Click on the gear icon and click on the ‘Nametag’ option.
You would see your profile’s QR code with the option to change the code’s background colour.
If you are looking to scan someone’s code, then at the bottom of your current screen, tap “Scan QR Code.” Then point your phone’s camera towards the code to scan.