Discord is a free voice, video, and text chat app that’s used by tens of millions of people ages 13+ to talk and hang out with their communities and friends. Originally, people claim that Discord was created for gamers because the voice/text chat feature can be used even if the game doesn’t support it. However, people use discord to talk about many things ranging from art projects and family trips to homework and mental health support.
If you’ve been using Discord, you should understand what the app has to offer even doing little tricks on it. One trick you can learn is how you can log in to your Discord account using a QR code.
Using a QR code, you can log into your Discord account in no time, it’s one of the quickest ways to log into your account. We are going to go through how we can achieve this.
To use this method, you must be logged in to your account in the Discord app on your phone. Also, the QR code displayed on your computer only works for two minutes. After that, you must refresh Discord for the web or relaunch the Discord desktop app to get a new code.
How to log in to Discord with a QR code
- Launch the Discord app on your device and tap on your profile icon on the bottom navigation area.
- Scroll down and tap on the Scan QR Code option.
- Grant the app permission to take pictures and record videos.
- Open Discord on your PC via web or app.
- You should see a QR code on the sign-up screen area, point your phone’s camera towards the QR Code displayed on your PC screen.
- You will see a prompt asking you to confirm whether you want to log in on the computer. Simply tap on the Yes, log me in button.
- You would see a success message confirming that you have logged in on your PC, tap Continue to remove the pop-up notification.
Bear in mind that the QR code displayed on the PC screen is only valid for two minutes. If the QR code is not showing, you need to relaunch the app or refresh the web version.
Finally, If you’re on a shared device, make sure you log out of your Discord account when you leave the device. This is to ensure unauthorized users don’t access your account.