A PDF (Portable Document Format) is a format used to save files that can be easily shared and printed. PDF files are widely used in our world today for documents like user manuals, eBooks, application forms, and scanned documents, to name just a few. Banks even make use of this file format acting as a receipt.
A PDF file can be easily accessible, on the other hand, it can be very difficult to access when it’s password-encrypted. Yes, some PDFs are encrypted with a password, which you’ll need to enter each time you want to view the document. You can remove the password to save yourself some inconvenience if you’re keeping the PDF in a secure location.
- Read Also: How to check battery health on Android
In this article, we will be looking at possible methods we can use to safely remove password(s) from PDFs. So, let’s get going.
Steps to remove password from a PDF file
1. Using Google Chrome
You can only use this method to remove passwords from a password-protected PDF if it doesn’t have any printing restrictions. If the PDF meets the requirement, here’s what you need to do:
- Locate the password-protected PDF document, right-click on the PDF document and select Open With > Google Chrome.
- Enter the password to view the PDF document and press theCTRL + P Key on your keyboard.
- Under the default print, select the Save as PDF or Microsoft Print to PDF option.
- Now, provide a name and location for your new PDF.
That’s it! You are done. Now open the duplicate copy of the PDF file you have just created. It won’t ask you to enter the password.
2. Using iLovePDF
iLovePDF is a web-based PDF editor that helps to merge, split, compress, convert, organize and also unlock PDF files. By unlock, we mean remove PDF password security. So here’s how to use this web-based PDF editor to remove password from a PDF file:
- Visit this webpage on your PC’s web browser.
- Click on the Select PDF File option and upload your password-protected PDF file.
- Click on the Unlock PDF option.
- Wait until the web tool unlocks the PDF Files. Once unlocked, you will be able to download the unlocked PDF File.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can use iLovePDF to remove passwords from PDF Files.
With this little knowledge, you’ve gotten from this, removing passwords from a PDF document shouldn’t be an issue for you. Don’t hesitate to share this with your friends and family if you find it helpful. If you face any issues, feel free to leave a comment below.