There has been so much excitement with the launch of Windows 11 and a very much anticipated feature is finally here. Microsoft just released a preview version of Android app compatibility to beta testers. If you’re a Windows Insider, you should be able to install the latest build version of the Windows 11 beta and get started using Android apps natively in Windows – the 50 that are currently available, anyway.
Microsoft rolled out this support with their partners – Amazon and Intel – to Beta Channel users in the United States on eligible devices running Intel, AMD, and Qualcomm platforms.
The procedures that we are going to go through on how to run Android apps on Windows 11 might seem complicated, so pay full attention if you want to do it successfully from your end.
How to run Android apps on Windows 11
There are a few requirements you need to meet up before you can run Android apps on your Windows 11. They are:
- Windows 11 Insider Beta Channel (build 22000.xxx)
- Your PC’s region should be set to the United States.
- Your PC should be running Microsoft Store version 22110.1402.6.0 or above.
- Virtualization should be enabled on your PC.
- You would need a US Based Amazon account to access the Amazon App store.
If you have a PC that meets up with the requirements listed above, you can follow these steps to run Android apps on your Windows 11.
- Open the Windows Subsystem for the Android web page and click on the Get button.
- Click on the Install button in the Microsoft Store app after downloading it.
- You will be asked to download the Amazon Appstore. Click on the Download button to download it on your PC.
- Once downloaded & installed, click on the Open Amazon App store button.
- You will be asked to sign in with your Amazon account. Make sure that you use the US Based Amazon account to log in with the Amazon Appstore.
- Click on the Get button behind the app name to install it on your device.
You would be able to find the app installed on your PC and can be accessed through the Start Menu or Windows search. I hope this guide was helpful to you, don’t forget to share it with friends.