Apart from being a streaming app, the ability to save download movies and TV shows for offline playback is one of the most talked-about features on Netflix. This feature allows any user to watch movies or TV shows without having to rely on an internet connection.
By being an active user of the Netflix platform, you should have an idea about this feature and how well it works. The content you download on Netflix gets saved in your local folder on your Android device. However, if you are running a sort of storage space on Android, you might want to change the download location to an SD Card.
SD Cards help increase the available storage on a device, so it’s only ideological and beneficial to a user to move saved Netflix downloads there. If you don’t have any idea on how to do this, I’ll share a step-by-step guide on how to save Netflix movies to an SD card.
How to save Netflix movies to an SD card
- Open the Netflix app on your Android or iOS device and select your Netflix profile.
- Tap your Profile Picture, select App Settings, under Downloads, select Download Location.
- Select SD Card as the location where you would like to store your downloads.
How to find Netflix downloads on Android
Having an SD card as the storage location is one thing, locating the saved movies/TV shows on your device is another. It shouldn’t stress you out if you simply follow these steps:
- Launch the Files by Google app on your Android device, tap Settings and enable the Show hidden files option.
- Open the Browse section and navigate to the Internal Storage > Android > Data > com.netflix.mediaclient > files > Download > .of. Here, you will see folders with random numbers as the name. Open the folder, to find your downloaded movie.
Bear in mind that you cannot play these videos directly on your Android as they come in NFV video file format designed only to play on Netflix’s media player. And in case you fail to see any Netflix downloads folder on your Android device, it might be due to privacy reasons.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you did, feel free to share with your friends and if you have any questions concerning this, do not hesitate to drop them in the comment section below.