Estimated reading time: 8 minute(s)
It has been quite difficult for WhatsApp users to save people’s statuses as the messenger company has started carrying out its plan to stop the use of any third-party WhatsApp such as GBWhatsApp, YoWhatsApp, FMWhatsApp, WhatsApp Plus etc.
For the past few weeks many third-party WhatsApp users have been experiencing temporal bans here and there. Even on the modded/cloned Whatsapp. If you have been temporarily banned when using any third-party WhatsApp, the truth is that there isn’t any solution to getting unbanned because your Number has been targeted for further violations.
We all know that the major reason why we prefer these third-party WhatsApp messengers to the original one is because of the added features in it, most especially the feature that allows you to save a picture or video from a contact’s status without stress.
Now that you have reverted back to the normal WhatsApp, I would like to tell you that all hope is not lost as you can still save a contact’s picture or video directly to your phone. The good news is that it does not require any status saver app or any third-party WhatsApp messenger, only your time and effort.
How to save WhatsApp status with the normal WhatsApp messenger
I’m sure that you might be wondering how possible it is to actually save a contact’s picture or video on his WhatsApp status, I won’t bore you with the details, let’s get started.
- Launch the WhatsApp messenger and go to the Status tab.
- Locate any contact’s status that you would like to save, make sure that you view the status completely, whether photo or video.
- Go to your phone’s “File Manager” and open the “Phone Storage”.
- Locate the “WhatsApp” folder and click on it.
- Tap on the “Media” folder.
- When it opens, locate any three horizontal/vertically placed dots on the phone and click on it.
- Tap on “Show hidden files” (This depends on the type of phone that you are using).
- A “Statuses” tab will appear right away, open it.
- After opening the folder, you will see a list of pictures and videos, this depends on the amount of videos/pictures that you’ve viewed in the last 24 hours. Locate the picture/video that you like by opening them one by one until you come across the selected one.
- When you see the picture/video that you are looking for, copy and paste it to another folder on your “Phone Storage” or “External Storage”. That is if there is any available.
- Now, go to your Gallery, you will see the picture/video there, this means that the file has been saved to your phone until you delete it.
That’s one way to save WhatsApp status without having to download an status downloader app. The procedure might look a little bit lengthy, so, I’ll recommend an app for you to download if you don’t want to go through all these procedures. Click here to download one of the best WhatsApp status savers out there.