The Meta-owned chat app, Messenger lets you communicate with your Facebook friends. It works similarly to WhatsApp Messenger when it comes to exchanging text messages.
There is a feature called ‘formatting texts’ that comes with Messenger apps like WhatsApp, and Telegram. Formatting texts are displayed in unique, specified styles. These styles include Bold, Italic, Monospace, Underlined, and Strikethrough options.
Creating formatted texts on WhatsApp and Telegram Messenger apps shouldn’t be that difficult for you but can you do the same on Messenger? Yes, you can. You can send formatted texts on Messenger including a block of code in the Messages. If you are interested in learning how to do this, keep on reading.
Steps to send formatted texts on Messenger
Formatting texts on Messenger would only work when you do it via the web version. Therefore, the first step you need to take is to go to messenger.com on your web browser and log in to your Meta account.
After logging in successfully, can go to any friend’s chat page, and do the following to get a formatted text:
- Bold: Add an asterisk (*) sign before and after the text.
- Strikethrough: To strikethrough your message on Messenger, you need to tyle a tilde (~) on both sides of the text.
- Italic: Add an underscore (_) sign before and after the text.
- Monospace: Add a backtick (`) sign before and after the text.
- Block of Code: Paste the code in between three backticks (“`).
These are ways through which you can use to send formatted texts on Meta’s Messenger app. Do you find this helpful in any way, share with your friends if you do. Also, don’t forget to leave a comment below if you have questions concerning this.