Users currently enjoying free internet with the help of VPN apps such as HA Tunnel Pro, Stark VPN, and many others would surely be looking for means to share this free internet to their PC via hotspot.
When an Android device is connected to a VPN, it can’t share data via hotspot to other devices (Android, PC, iOS etc.). It is a known fact. If you take your time to ask experts, they would tell you that, “You cannot share a VPN connection over an Android hotspot unless you possess advanced technical knowledge or a rooted device.”
Before now, we would have agreed with them. However, new developments have proven this theory to be wrong. In fact, you don’t need to root your device before you can share a VPN connection over an Android hotspot. You can use lots of options to share a VPN connection over an Android hotspot to other Android devices or even a PC. We’ve gone through some of them on this blog. They are:
- How to share an Android VPN connection over a WiFi hotspot
- How to tether Android VPN connection to PC using PdaNet+
Today, we will take a look at how we can do this same thing (sharing VPN connections over an Android hotspot) to a PC without having to root your device. Before we get on with the steps, let’s quickly browse through the requirements needed to make this happen.
How to share a VPN connection over Android hotspot to PC
- Launch the HTTP Injector VPN. Head on to TOOLS > Tethering Tools > Hotshare.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi hotspot and tap START HOTSHARE. An “IP Address and Port Number” would appear at the top of your screen. Write these numbers down.
- Now launch UltraSurf on your PC. Head on to Options > Proxy Settings > Manual Proxy Settings.
- Enter the IP Address and Port Number from HTTP Injector under the “Manual Proxy Settings” area and tap OK and wait for it to connect to the server.
Once it connects, you can enjoy the VPN connection on your PC. If you want to share the VPN connection to an Android device, all you need to do is download UltraSurf (Download here) on the receiving Android device and repeat the steps outlined above.
That’s how you can share a VPN connection over an Android hotspot to a PC and possibly Android devices. If you don’t get successful after trying the steps given above, you know what to do. Leave a comment below, and I’ll be happy to help. Don’t forget to share with your friends if it worked for you.