MTN Share (formerly Share ‘N’ Sell) is a service that allows you to transfer airtime(credit) from your MTN number to another MTN number. MTN Share can be used by all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network. You can now transfer airtime free of charge.
Every MTN SIM card has a default transfer PIN of 0000, but ensure you change the default PIN before making use of the MTN Share service.
How to change MTN Share default PIN
There are two ways you can use to change the MTN Share default PIN, one way is using SMS while the other way is using USSD.
- Using SMS: Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- Using USSD: Dial ∗777∗Default PIN∗New PIN∗New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
If you follow any of these methods, you will successfully change your default PIN. The next step to take after changing your MTN Share default PIN is to share airtime with your friends and family members.
How to share and transfer airtime on MTN
Just like changing the MTN Share default PIN, you have two available methods you can use to share and transfer airtime on the network. One way is using SMS while the other way is using USSD.
- Using SMS: Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount, and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777. Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
- Using USSD: Dial ∗777∗Recipient’s Number∗Amount∗PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial ∗777∗08031234567∗1500∗1234# and then send/OK. When the transfer is complete, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
Things to note about using MTN Share service
- Airtime transfers can only be done in Naira amounts and not in Kobo.
- There must be sufficient airtime on your account before you can successfully share airtime. Postpaid customers can only transfer airtime when their account is positive, not negative. For instance, you would not be able to transfer credit when you have N-500.00.
- You can transfer from as low as N50 and a maximum of N5,000 in a day.
- BetaTalk and Yanfun Yafun users are not eligible to share airtime. Bonus airtime cannot be transferred.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
That’s all you need to know about the MTN Share service. Do you have issues using this service? Feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll solve it together.