As a blogger/site owner you can add your site to Apple News and get more traffic. I just finished submitting Qualytech to Apple News, which means that you too can do it. By submitting your blog to Apple News, you get a chance to make your articles reach millions of iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod) users.
Apple News is similar to Opera News in some way but submitting your blog on Apple News is quite different from that of Opera News. Last week, we talked about how you can add your blog/site to appear Opera News, if you are an ardent reader of this blog, you would have come across the article. Today, I want to show you how you can submit your blog to Apple News Publisher.
How to submit your blog to Apple News Publisher
- Click here to go to Apple News publisher page.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID, if you don’t have one, simply create one.
- Once you are logged in, you need to accept the End User License Agreement for News.
- You can click on Specify territories to make your content available on specific countries only. By default, all countries are selected. Use this feature if you don’t want your content ton be visible in certain territories. Click on Submit. Next step is to setup the Publisher information, which is pretty straight-forward.
- Submit RSS feed: You can select either submit RSS feed or submit as an Apple news format. You can follow this guide to create an RSS feed for your blog. Apple news format adds tons of added advantage over RSS submission. This is what I selected & that’s what I recommend for you.
- Click on next, and last step is to add your brand logo. Here is the requirement for adding logo:
- Full-color transparent PNG
- Required height: 256px
- Recommended Width: up to 2048px (8:1)
- Maximum width: up to 2560px (10:1)
- Complete logo guideline here.
- This is not mandatory but I highly recommend you to complete this step for higher brand visibility.
- Once done, Apple news publisher team will review your submission in few days. You will also get an email after the successful submission.
- If you have multiple blogs, you can click at the top & click on create a new channel to add more blogs.
As a blogger, I’m pretty excited to see my blog reaching out to a wider audience with the help of Apple news app. For the best chance at getting your blog accepted, I’ll advice you to make use of the RSS to provide content, so as to get accepted fast.
Disclaimer: It took about 1 month for the review and Qualytech is now live in Apple news app here (To view this channel, open the link on an iOS device with iOS 9 or later or a Mac with macOS 10.14 or later and Apple News.)
Important information about Apple news publisher:
Here is one important announcement from Apple which I saw after submitting my first blog:
- Create new channel: This is where you will add the information related to your blog or news website. You can create different channels if you have more than one blog.
- You can monetize your content on Apple news using iAd. The revenue distribution is 70% to you & 30% to Apple.
- Here is the WordPress plugin that you can use once Apple publisher team approves your application.
- You can also keep 100% revenue by selling your ads directly. I don’t have enough detail as of now on this part.
- A company, a publisher, a Blogger can submit their digital property in Apple news.
- Every channel has section that you can use to organize your content. You can have a separate section for your categories. If you use this feature, you need to have a minimum of two sections.
- Currently, they are accepting submission from English language only.
- Your RSS feed needs to be full & not partial. Read more about RSS best practices here.
- You can read more details about Apple news publisher & FAQ here.