After a long wait, users will be able to transfer chat history from Android to iPhone. This functionality was announced by Meta’s CEO, Mark Zuckerberg in a Facebook post.
In this article, we will go through a step-by-step guide on how you can easily transfer chat history from an Android device to an iPhone.
Steps to transfer chat history from Android to iPhone
- Download and install the Move to iOS app from the Google Play Store
- Start the iPhone setup process of your new (or factory reset) iPhone.
- Select Move Data from Android when the Apps & Data setup screen appears.
- Launch the “Move to iOS” app on your Android device and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Tap Continue on your iPhone when you see the Move from Android screen, then wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
- On your Android phone, enter the code, select WhatsApp from the Transfer Data screen, and then tap Start.
- Wait for your WhatsApp data and history to be ready for migration. When the process is finished, your Android device will be signed out of WhatsApp.
- Once your iPhone is fully configured, download WhatsApp from the App Store and sign in with the same phone number.
This transfer process only works on new or factory reset iPhones and makes use of Apple’s existing “Move to iOS” app for Android (which already helps move contacts, calendar entries, SMS messages, and more) and only works on devices running on Android 5.0 or later and iPhones running iOS 15.5 or later.
- Download and install MobileTrans on your PC.
- Connect both your old Samsung device and iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Click on the “Start” button to begin the WhatsApp transfer process. If you have been using WhatsApp on your iPhone, you can choose to keep the existing data or not first.
- The application will automatically detect both the connected devices and would mark them as either source or destination. If their placement is wrong, click on the “Flip” button.
- All you need to do now is wait for the process completes, just a few minutes. And do not disconnect your phones until the process is completed.
- Install and launch the MobileTrans on your Windows or Mac, and choose “WhatsApp Transfer” from the provided options to proceed.
- Now, when you would launch WhatsApp on your iPhone, it will automatically detect the newly transferred data and will let you restore it to your iOS device.
MobileTrans is a complete solution for managing your WhatsApp data and transferring it to a new device. It’s awesome since it can easily move files from Android to iOS without any losses. You can also perform quick backups to be ready for eventual losses. As aforementioned, the app offers support for Business, GBWhatsApp, and other messaging apps such as Viber, Line, and WeChat.