Google is the majority of internet users’ go-to when searching for anything and everything. Google has a web browser, Google Chrome which is popularly used by many as it comes pre-installed on most Android smartphones while some users install it on their PCs.
You should have noticed whenever you are about to search for something Google shows you some popular or trending searches people have been searching for. This can be helpful but irrelevant to some users based on their personal preferences.
- Read Also: How to save photos in JPG format on iPhone
Google gives you the option to disable this feature meaning if you don’t find the trending searches feature, you can easily disable them from your end. I’ll be showing you how you can disable the trending searches feature on Google Chrome for Android and PC.
How to turn off Trending Searches on Google Chrome
- You need to have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your device.
- Open Google Chrome and head to the Google search page.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on the Settings option in the left menu.
- Under the Settings, scroll down and find the Auto-complete with trending searches section.
- Select the Do not show popular searches option and click on the Save button.
If you don’t want to get trending searches, you can change your settings.
- On your computer, go to google.com.
- At the bottom, tap Settings Search settings.
- Under “Autocomplete with trending searches,” select Do not show popular searches.
That’s how to turn off Trending Searches on Google Chrome for both Android smartphones and PCs. Did you find this tutorial helpful, share it with your friends. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.