OPay is a payment platform developed by Opera Software. The platform enables users to shop and pay for services and products through their mobile or web browser. OPay allows fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. This payment platform should not be new to those Opera News Hub writers since you get to receive payment via only this app, as for those who still don’t know about OPay, let me define what OPay is in one sentence.
OPay is a mobile wallet developed by Opera and designed for Android and IOS devices. The app has similar work with Kuda but it has more features that catch the eye.
Features of OPay
- Hail a bike (ORide): With OPay you can hail a bike and pay instantly from your OPay account. Refer a friend to use ORide and you get coupons to enjoy free rides with ORide.
- Payment by scanning (OPay QR): You can pay and receive money by just scanning the OPay QR code, without cash. It’s very convenient, fast, safe and free of charge.
- Mobile data (Airtime): Purchase airtime for family or friends from any network with the OPay app.
- Send and request money (Transfer): Choose from your contact book or type in a phone number to send or request money for free.
- Multiple funding options (Add Money): Funding your wallet is so easy. You can fund from your bank app or by adding your cards.
- Subscribe for cable TV (TV): You can pay for your GOTV, DSTV and STARTIMES subscription using OPay and the beauty is we don’t charge any convenience fee.
- Electricity bill (Electricity): You can pay for your prepaid electricity with OPay and we don’t charge any convenience fee.
- Order food (OFood): You can order food from your favourite and best restaurants from the OPay app.
- Cash in/out: Find a nearby agent on the app to cash in or cash out for unbanked users.
- Betting: Fund your Bet9ja and SupaBet wallet from your OPay.
- Hail a bus (OBus): You can hail a public bus from OBus for a safe, comfortable and affordable, which can aid payment and ease the stress of commuting in Lagos.
- Capital Investment (OWealth): You can use OPay’s investment platform OWealth for investment where you can invest as low as N500 and receive returns on your investment.
There are still lots of features and newly added-ones as you can now buy a WAEC scratchcard using the app. Even with all these features, there’s almost nothing better than having the opportunity to earn money from OPay through their referral program. OPay referral program is easy to join and earn from. You get to earn real cash in just three steps;
- You send an invitation to a friend;
- The friend downloads the OPay app, the friend becomes an OPay user; and
- You get paid.
How to join and earn from OPay referral program
- Download OPay app on your Android or iOS device
- Register using your phone number and create an account on OPay
- On your OPay dashboard, you should see a banner at the top half of your screen that reads – INVITE FRIENDS; EARN GIFTS UP TO N99,999. Click the picture and you would be taken to another page on the app
- Scroll down a little and tap the Invite button. A list of options would come up, select the one that suits you and share your code. Copying down your code is highly advised.
If your friend clicks and registers on the OPay app, you would get a gift (money) that would be added to Cashback area on your wallet. The more people that get to download the OPay app using your link, the more cash you get to make from your end. If you fancy getting into more referral programs and want to earn more cash, you can try out the following;
- Kuda referral program, earn N200 per referral
- Chipper Cash app: Earn N250 per referral and up to N10,000 a month
- Jumia One app – Earn up to N500 instantly per referral and N20,000 a month