MTN recently launched a new product named “EyeSyte.” This product is a suite of Wi-Fi/4G-enabled smart devices and accessories designed to provide real-time, 24/7 security for businesses, environments, assets and homes with a cloud storage capacity of up to 30 days of playback footage and event notifications.
MTN EyeSyte is ideal for:
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) – Offices, Departmental stores, religious organisations, etc.)
- Large Enterprises & Public Sector (Banks, FMCGs, Parks, etc.)
- Small Office Home offices (SoHos), Estates, Individuals, etc.
Benefits and features of MTN EyeSyte
- Flexible options for electrical and battery-enabled devices.
- Instant access on your mobile devices so you can view while on the go.
- Alerts via SMS and mobile notifications when movement is detected.
- 360-degree surveillance and voice-activated features.
- Availability of various accessories fit for businesses and other usages.
- Installation support with a downloadable app for guidance.
MTN EyeSyte devices and pricing
There are currently five (5) EyeSyte device offerings, they include:
- EyeSyte Smart PTZ Camera: EyeSyte electronic Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) security cameras do not physically move, but instead use digital zoom to simulate a pan-tilt-zoom effect on a fixed camera. The EyeSyte PTZ camera, which provides 360-degree coverage, can be a powerful way to provide a PTZ-like experience while recording the entire field of view.
- EyeSyte Smart Doorbell: This device has a built-in camera to help prevent package theft, break-ins, and other crimes. You can use your smartphone to live-stream video, receive activity alerts, and have two-way conversations with visitors.
- Wi-Fi + GSM Security Alarm System: For businesses and other uses, the EyeSyte Wi-Fi + GSM Intelligence Security Alarm System offers sensor-based alarm monitoring. When combined with any of the EyeSyte range of cameras, sensors such as door sensors (which activate when intruders open doors) and PIR sensors (which activate when unwanted motion is detected) allow you to have a thorough monitoring and surveillance system that can be accessed and managed from your mobile device.
- EyeSyte 4G Surveillance Camera: With its solar panel and batteries, the EyeSyte 4G Surveillance Camera can be deployed anywhere there is a 4G signal. PTZ functionality supports 360-degree coverage, and a loud alarm that can be used to frighten potential intruders adds another layer of security.
- EyeSyte Battery Camera: A WiFi-enabled camera with 24/7 alarm and video monitoring capabilities is the EyeSyte Battery Camera. With this device, you can benefit from two-way communication, supported emergency dispatch (requires subscription), crystal-clear day and night vision, and up to 30 days of safe cloud video storage.
Some key features include:
- Remote alarm panel
- 1080P full HD video quality
- rechargeable inbuilt batteries that can last up to 12 weeks when fully charged.
As for the pricing, you can get:
- EyeSyte Smart PTZ Camera for N25,000.
- EyeSyte Battery Camera for N46,000.
- EyeSyte Smart Doorbell for N49,000.
- Wi-Fi + GSM Security Alarm System for N57,500.
- EyeSyte 4G Surveillance Camera for N149,500.
EyeSyte value-added subscription plans
|VAS subscription||7 days Video Playback||14 days Video Playback||30 days Video Playback|
|SMS Notification Alert||N1,000|
How to purchase an EyeSyte product
Any customer who wants to purchase one of these items must go to the store that is the closest to them. These products are currently only available in a small number of shops. All retail locations selling EyeSyte products can be reached at the following addresses:
|Shop Name||Contact Address|
|MTN Walk In Center Abuja||Plot 2784, Shehu Shagari Way, Maitama, Abuja|
|MTN Walk In Center Port Harcourt||234B, Aba Expressway Opp Hannah Fast Food Port Harcourt|
|MTN Walk In Center Ibadan||Opp Neco building, Idi Ape, Agodi gate, Ibadan|
|MTN Yello City Adeola Odeku VI||1267 Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island, Lagos|
|MTN Walk In Center Aromire Ikoyi||4 Aromire Road, Off Kingsway Rd, Opposite Ikoyi Hotel, Lagos|
|MTN Walk In Experience Center Abuja||Plot 2784, Shehu Shagari Way, Maitama, Abuja|
|S. Mobile Netzone LTD||ELLIS HOUSE NO. 202 ABA ROAD, RUMUOLA PORTHARCOURT,|
|Thrixes||Plot 29, Adebowale Close, Omole Estate Phase 1, Lagos|
|Scimitar Global Services||10 TROMBI CLOSE, SHOGUNLE LAGOS|
|Imbil Telecoms Solutions Nig ltd||20 ADESHINA STREET OFF AWOLOWO WAY IKEJA LAGOS|
|Communication Facilitator||Plot 857A Rex Emmanuel Adubifa street, Omole Phase 2, Isheri Olowora Lagos|
|Balmari investment Nig Ltd||BOLORI LAYOUT MAIDUGURI|
|Nestobar||Nestobar 34 Kenyatta Street Uwani Enugu (Enugukwu plaza)|
|Martec Resources||67, OKUMAGBA AVENUE OPP. IDAMA HOTEL WARRI DELTA|
|Chicadef||No 18, Old Otukpo road, opposite zone 4 police Headquarters, Makurdi Benue State.|
|Salmanaview||C2 MAIGARI PLAZA OPP KADO FISH MARKET KADO ABUJA|
|TSHABRON LTD||Plot 21 old D, Housing Estate, World bank road Owerri Imo state|
|Multi-crown ventures ltd||90 Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent Wuse 2 by chicken republic Abuja|
|Xii Energy and Resources Ltd||Angel castle and castle plaza (Opp DSTV OFFICE) Ibadan|
|Salo Global Enterprise||SHOP NO: 8/9 DANJAJI STORES TAFAWA BALEWA WAY, BAKIN KASUWA NGURU, YOBE STATE.|
|Stephprisca solutions ltd||38, Olowu, Ikeja|
|Samtechnet Global services||27 Adewale Okediran street, Ikeja|
|Ramson International||Adjacent Heritage bank, Ore/Okitipupa road Ore Town|
|Gitrow Communications||Alode junction Eleme, Ph|
|Esdan Dynamics Limited||Plot 50, Jubilation Mall, Kabusa. Abuja- Close to Kabusa Estate Abuja|
|Behassan communications ltd||NO. 1 MAIN STREET RAS PLAZA PZ ZARIA|
|Kish Global Investment ltd||9 Hannatu Yusuf Street Television GRA Kaduna|
|Systreame Nigeria Limited||2 Adedosu street off Akilo Road, Ikeja .|
|AUA TECHNOLOGIES LTD||No. 505 KOFAR DAWANAU NORTHWEST UNIVERSITY ROAD BESIDE DASHERE FIlLING STATION|
|IBI Communications ltd||SHOP 14 BLOCH B JABI MOTOR PARK FCT-ABUJA|
|VAS Digimobility Limited||Block B, Suite 16, 1st Floor, LSPC Mall, Awolowo way, Ikeja.|
|Gamajeji Communication ltd||NO. 20 P & Z PLAZA GASHUA ROAD POTISKUM, YOBE STATE|
|Kanka Multi-Services LTD||Y15. JANNARY ROAD LAPAI, NIGER STATE|
|Comrade fish consultant ltd||NO 3 ASELESI STREET OKELETU BUS STOP IKORODU|
|AL MISKY communication Nig Ltd||LI 1 KAKANDA ROAD TUDUN WADA KADUNA|
|Salvami Communications Ltd||24 Lawanson Road, Surulere, Lagos|
|G. AKURA GLOBAL RESOURCES LIMITED||2A Jimeta Shopping Complex, Yola, Adamawa|
|CITY DEVICES LTD 126031||No. 1 Jos Road, Buruku, Jos South, Plateau State|
|JONEL MOBILE NETZONE LTD||Suite 18 & 19 Jam-Nab, Plaza, Ladoke Akintola Boulevard, Garki 2, Abuja|
|BADALI COMMUNICATIONS LTD||No. 10 New Plaza, NPN Sabon Tasha Road, Patiskum, Yobe State|
|TOV CONNECT LTD 130062||10B, Shalom Close, Ada George, Port Harcourt|
|ALI MOHAMMED IBI GLOBAL LTD||202 King Bula Way, IBI, Taraba State|
MTN EyeSyte FAQs
Q: How can I connect a device using a mobile hotspot without Wi-Fi?
A: You need two smartphones that can provide a network hotspot. One phone turns on the hotspot as the network provider, and the other can connect to the device.
Q: How to connect the device if there is no Wi-Fi password? Can the device be connected to the public network?
A: When you connect your device to the network and your router does not have a Wi-Fi password, you do not need to enter the password. Simply click on “Confirm” to go on. Only public networks that log in with a fixed password can connect to our device, while public networks that log in with an account and password or verification code cannot connect to our device. Note: To protect your privacy, security devices such as cameras, door locks and sensors cannot use public networks and networks without passwords for network configuration.
Q: How do I add a device to the App and connect it to the Internet Bluetooth?
A: Please turn on the Bluetooth switch of the mobile phone and the Bluetooth permission of the App.
- Open our App (do not add a Bluetooth device to the Bluetooth list in the phone settings).
- On the “Home” page, click the “+” icon in the upper right corner to enter the device selection page.
- Select the right category and find the device (Bluetooth) that needs to be added
- Read the manual and set the device to the network distribution state;
- After clicking Confirm, the system starts searching. After finding the corresponding device, click “Add”.
Q: Will the connection succeed after I accidentally exit the App or switch to another App during network configuration?
A: It depends on the stage of network distribution you are in. When the device is pairing, it needs to go through the three stages of “Scan devices; Register on Cloud; Initialize the device”. If you are in the “Scan devices” stage, when you accidentally exit the app or switch to another app, it may affect the app to find your device. So, accidentally exiting the app or switching to another app at this stage may cause network configuration failure. In the other two stages, if you accidentally exit the app or switch to another app, it will not affect the normal network configuration of the device.
Note: If you use the “Auto Scan” method to pair devices, there will be a high probability that the network configuration will fail if you accidentally exit the app or switch to another app.
Q: The device is often offline, the device or device indicator keeps flashing, and the device cannot be controlled. What should I do?
A: If your device is offline for a long time, you can only manually reset the device to the pairing mode, and then manually add the device again. If your device is always offline, please check in the following ways:
- Check to see if the router is powered off or disconnected from the network. If so, the router will take some time to recover. Wait for two minutes and then check whether your device is online.
- Check to see if the router has been replaced, or if the Wi-Fi name or password has been changed. If so, remove your device and then add it to the network again.
- Please confirm whether the device has just updated the firmware. The device will be disconnected from the network when the firmware is updated and will automatically connect to the network after the update is completed. However, if your network is unstable, it will show that you cannot connect after the firmware update is complete. The device needs to be removed and added again.
- The Wi-Fi signal of the device is too poor, for instance, there are several walls obstructing the penetration of the signal.
- From the router, if the device is surrounded by a metal shell or there are metal objects nearby; nearby high-power appliances such as air conditioners and refrigerators can also interfere.
- The location of the device is too far away from the router (the indoor environment is more complicated, it is easy to go offline after more than 5 meters; the outdoor environment is empty, and it is easy to go offline after more than 10 meters).
- Check whether the firmware is the latest version. To check this on the App, choose Home—Tap the device icon—Top right button—Device Update.
- If the device goes offline after a period of use, but after restarting the router or re-networking the device, the device returns to normal. Indicating that the router is overloaded due to long-term high-load use, and you need to replace it with a more powerful one, or reduce the number of devices connected to the router (due to the low bandwidth characteristic of the 2.4Ghz network. It is easy to go offline when there are more than 5 online devices in 2.4Ghz, some of which are especially enhanced 2.4Ghz routers that can ensure that about 10 devices are online).
- You can also use a phone hotspot to check to see if it is a network challenge.
Q: What should I do if the smart device is offline after changing or resetting the Wi-Fi/Router or changing the network provider?
A: Network configurations change if you replace the router or use a new network. To use a device that has been connected to a different network, first, remove that device, reconnect it to the new network, and then add it again. You need to reconnect all the Wi-Fi devices and gateways (including Zigbee and Bluetooth gateways). But those devices under the gateways (including Zigbee and Bluetooth gateways) are not required for reconnection. You can also use Auto Scan mode to add multiple devices at once. If your device fails to connect to the smart device after replacing the router or modem, it may be that your router is 2.4GHz and 5GHz mixed, or your router is not compatible with our device.
Note: Even after reverting to the SSID and Wi-Fi password to the same as the original one, you will need to select the network and Wi-Fi password again to add your devices again otherwise, you may be unable to connect to the Internet.
Q: Why does the App always show that the device is offline, and how does it automatically recover in a second or two?
A: It may result from your phone performance. Generally, phones running on iOS are not likely to have such an issue, while some low-performance Android phones may have. If the App has not been launched for a long time, it needs to connect with the cloud when you log in again, so the device is displayed as offline. As the App is temporarily not connected to the device, it is not actually offline.
Q: Why can’t my iPhone connect to a device when my Android phone has no problem connecting to it?
A: First, check whether you are using a 5 GHz/2.4 GHz dual-band router. If the Android mobile phone is connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and has no problem connecting to the device while your iPhone is randomly connected to the 5 GHz Wi-Fi and cannot connect to the device, you need to manually connect your iPhone to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.
Q: The device failed to connect to a 5G network.
A: Unless otherwise specified, the devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. There is a possibility that the 2.4GHz and 5GHz mixed networks will not be successfully configured, so please ensure that the Wi-Fi connection to the mobile phone is 2.4GHz. All routers have a 2.4GHz network frequency band. You only need to separate the 2.4GHz and 5GHz mixed networks to connect the device to the 2.4GHz network normally. Note: Only the device manual clearly states that devices that support 5G wireless networks can connect to 5G wireless networks.