MTN Nigeria has just unveiled a new plan for foreigners and visitors to help them connect with family, friends, and business associates on the MTN network during their short stay in Nigeria. This plan is dubbed the Visitor’s SIM Plan.
Benefits of MTN Visitor’s SIM Plan
The plan offers voice, data, and roaming services to foreign visitors at a better and more affordable rate:
|Bundle Type||Bundle Price||Element||USSD Activation Code|
|7 Days Special Visitor’s Bundle||N5,000||
|14 Days Special Visitor’s Bundle||N10,000||
How to use this plan
To use this plan, visitors are required to register the special SIM(Visitor’s SIM) with their biometrics, return ticket, and international passport from their country before using the SIM.
How to activate the plan
The first activation needs to be done in any MTN service centers/shop, including the airport’s service point by a frontline staff immediately after SIM registration is performed. Then you can insert the SIM in your device.
As soon as you insert the SIM into a phone, along with the standard SIM registration message, you will receive the below welcome message;
“Welcome to MTN Visitor’s Plan! Get 100 mins for local calls, N2000 for intl calls/SMS, and 5GB data on our Visitor’s bundle for as low as N5000. Dial 13190# to get started. Have a great stay in Nigeria, and thank you for Turning it up with MTN”.
Things to note about the MTN Visitor’s SIM Plan
- This bundle is only available to visitors coming into the country for a short visit and met the tariff plan’s criteria.
- You will be on the Visitor’s plan for 30 days, after which the number will be automatically migrated to the MTN XtraSpecial tariff plan. Still, you will receive a pre-migration and migration notification message.
- The SIM is valid for 30 days; the SIM tariff plan will default back to Extra Special at the end of 30 days expiry.
- You will be allowed to migrate out of the tariff plan at any time before the 30days period expires. However, you will be automatically migrated to the MTN XtraSpecial tariff plan after 30days. Once you migrate out of the plan before the 30days offer period, you will not be able to migrate back into the plan.
- You will be able to query your MTN Visitor’s tariff main account by dialing *556# from her/his device.
- You will enjoy the below tariff rates when you exhaust your bundle;
- National calls at 14k/sec (8.40/Min)
- National SMS at N4
- PAYG @ N3.10/MB
- You will be able to recharge your account via the following channels but not limited to;
- MyMTN App
- Logical recharge
- MOD (*904#)
- The Visitor’s SIM costs N100 only.