MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid plan has been available for a while now, some can assume a long time and this plan has helped many MTN customers enjoy making calls at an affordable rate to all networks in the country.
Given that this is an existing plan, MTN has made some adjustments to the XtraSpecial Prepaid plan by reducing the flat rate from 15.36k/sec to 13.33k/sec for calls to all networks in Nigeria and twelve (12) selected international countries from the very first second.
The 12 eligible countries are:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
This plan was introduced to help MTN customers make phone calls to local and international numbers cheaply. However, that’s not the only benefit this plan has to offer, and you also get access to special data plans.
Benefits of MTN XtraSpecial plan
- A flat rate of 13.33k/sec for calls to all local networks in Nigeria.
- A flat rate of 13.33k/sec for calls to twelve (12) international countries.
- 6GB monthly data bundle at N2000.
- 3.75GB monthly data bundle at N1500.
- 1.5GB 14-day data bundle at N750.
- 10MB Data Bonus on the first recharge of the month.
The XtraSpecial plan is one plan on the MTN network that gives the subscribers access to special data plans as the other way through which you can enjoy special data offers on the network is through qualifying for the Welcome Back offer, where you can get 1GB for N200, 4GB for N1000 and so on.
How to subscribe to MTN XtraSpecial special data plans
It would help if you were on the XtraSpecial prepaid plan before you can enjoy any of the special plans it has to offer. You can migrate to the MTN XtraSpecial plan via any of the channels below:
- USSD: Dial ∗408∗1# or ∗123∗2∗4#.
- SMS: Send 408 to 131.
- myMTN app: Log on to myMTN app, click ‘Other Plans,’ then select MTN XtraSpecial.
Now that you’re on the XtraSpecial plan, you can subscribe to any of the special data plans by sending:
- SP1 to 131 or dialling ∗408∗4# to purchase the 1.5GB plan worth N750 and is valid for 14 days;
- 131 to 131 or by dialling either ∗408∗3# or ∗131∗131# to purchase the 3.75GB plan worth N1,500 valid for 30 days; or
- SP to 131, 110 to 131, or by dialling either ∗408∗2# or ∗131∗110# to purchase the 6GB plan worth N2,000 valid for 30 days.
You can buy any of the XtraSpecial data bundles via the channels above, but you will be automatically migrated to the XtraSpecial plan. These are other things you need to take note of because if you have migrated to another tariff plan with:
- 6GB XtraSpecial bundle on auto-renewal, the bundle, will renew, and you will get a 4.5GB monthly data bundle on the new tariff plan you migrated.
- 3.75GB XtraSpecial bundle on auto-renewal, the bundle, will renew, but you will only get 3GB monthly data and not 3.75GB monthly data on the new tariff plan you migrated.
- 1.5GB bi-weekly XtraSpecial bundle on auto-renewal, the bundle will not renew and will expire on a specific date.
Summary of MTN XtraSpecial prepaid plan
|National||12 International Destinations|
|SMS||N4.00/SMS||Standard International SMS rates Apply|
|Bundles||Cost||Validity||Renewal Opt-in||Renewal Opt-out|
|1.5GB||N750||14 days||RSP1 to 131||NOSP1 to 131|
|3.75GB||N1,500||30 days||R131 to 131||NO131 to 131|
|6GB||N2,000||30 days||RSP to 131||NOSP to 131|
If you have more questions about the XtraSpecial Prepaid plan, kindly check the FAQs page where most of the possible asked questions about the plan have been answered.