Samsung has reinforced its commitment to offering the best mobile experiences possible for Galaxy users by supporting three generations of Android operating system (OS) upgrades on millions of Galaxy devices.
“Samsung is committed to supporting our users to fully enjoy the latest mobile experiences while they are using Galaxy devices,” said Janghyun Yoon, Senior Vice President and Head of Software Platform Team, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics.
“As people hold onto their devices for longer, we are working to bring secure protection and exciting new features to the devices already in their hands. By supporting up to three generations of Android OS upgrades, we are extending the lifecycle of our Galaxy products and making a promise that we will provide a simple and secure mobile experience that takes advantage of the latest innovations as soon as they are available.”
List of Samsung Galaxy devices getting three generations of Android OS upgrades.
- Galaxy S series: Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, S20 Ultra, S20+ 5G, S20+, S20 5G, S20 in addition to S10 5G, S10+, S10, S10e, S10 Lite, and upcoming S series devices
- Galaxy Note series: Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 5G, Note20, Note10+ 5G, Note10+, Note10 5G, Note10, Note10 Lite and upcoming Note series devices
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Z Fold2, Z Flip 5G, Z Flip, Fold 5G, Fold, and upcoming Z series devices
- Galaxy A series: Galaxy A71 5G, A71, A51 5G, A51, A90 5G and select upcoming A series devices
- Tablets: Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G, Tab S7+, Tab S7 5G, Tab S7, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6, Tab S6 Lite and upcoming Tab S series devices
The Galaxy S20 lineup announced in February 2020, powered by Android 10, will get support for three OS upgrades starting with Android 11 to give users a refreshing phone experience. The Galaxy S20 lineup will also be the first Galaxy devices to receive the Android 11 update later this year, with other devices to follow shortly after that.
For other Galaxy devices, Samsung is committed to providing the latest Android OS upgrades until the hardware specifications allow them to give the optimized mobile experience for our users. Furthermore, Samsung provides Samsung Knox, a defense-grade end-to-end security platform, Android regular security updates, and proprietary app features updates to most of the Galaxy devices as quickly as possible.
Source: Samsung Newsroom