We are here once more to continue looking at the cheapest data plans we can go for and probably use for the month. Fortunately for us, there has been a new addition to the list of cheap data plans we can go for, and without wasting much of your time, let’s quickly dive into the list of cheapest data plans for March.
Glo has been quiet for many long months but made its return into the scene by introducing its first-ever YouTube time-based plans. With the help of a VPN app, you can enjoy 1.5GB of data for N50 and use it for normal internet activities such as downloading, streaming, and browsing any website or application of your choice. However, each subscription lasts for only five hours.
You should know that you can enjoy this plan if you’ve got heavy downloading duties. How to activate?
- Download Psiphon Pro VPN from Google Playstore.
- Ensure you have at least N50 airtime in your Glo line.
- Subscribe to the N50 for 5 hours (Night) plan. You can do this by dialing ∗777#, select Data > Buy Data > Social Bundle > YouTube Bundle, and reply with the number of the plan you wish to purchase.
- Don’t bother about the “Night” you see in the bracket, and this would work anytime, any day, as long as Glo has not blocked the loophole. After subscribing to the N50 for 5 hours (Night) plan, launch the Psiphon Pro VPN, go to the OPTIONS tab, select either USA or Netherlands server, go back to the HOME tab and tap Start.
- Once it connects, you can start browsing and downloading until you exhaust the data or the 5 hours elapses. Also, note that you can accumulate this data by subscribing to the plan multiple times. This means that the N100 subscription would give you 3GB of data and so on.
If you’re not a fan of this data plan because of its validity, you can check out the Glo Stay Home Data that offers up to 20 percent more data to subscribers irrespective of the data plan they purchase. Dial *777# to subscribe to any Glo Stay Home data plans.
Despite having revamped their data plans, MTN still has cheaper plans you can go for if you ask me, and for this month, we won’t talk about the welcome back data plans that offer you 1GB for N200, 4GB for N1,000, and so on. Rather, getting 20GB for N3,500 is a pay-to-win subscription. Why? You may ask.
Well, this data plan is more like a double data offer. When you buy 10GB of data, you’re most likely to get 20GB instead, and that’s not the best part. The volume of data allocated to a customer varies. If you’re lucky enough, you’re most likely to get awarded with 15GB data, and after it gets doubled, you get 30GB data valid for 30 days. How to activate?
Get DOUBLE DATA when you buy 10GB at N3,500. You get 10GB + EXTRA 10GB data bonus. Data is valid for 30 days
- Accept the offer to get your double data.
There’s absolutely nothing new on the network. The best plan remains the 1GB data plan which costs N200, and as we should all know by now, it’s SIM selective. If you’ve never tried out the plan before now, you can dial the code ∗929∗10# to activate it. If you get an unsuccessful message from 9mobile, you can determine how to become eligible for this plan here.
Let’s not forget that 9mobile offers new customers Free N500 airtime + 1GB and up to 100% double data offer valid for 12months. What you need to do from your end is to buy a new 9mobile SIM card.
Last but not least, we have Airtel. Well, every cheap data plan on the network is based on whether you’re lucky or not. You have these set of data plans:
- 200MB – N100 – 3 days
- 1GB – N200 – 7 days
- 2GB – N500 – 14 days
- 4GB – N1000 – 30 days
Similar to that of MTN. How to activate? It is much safer to find out if you are eligible for the plan before purchasing airtime. To do so, first of all, dial ∗141∗241#, select any data plan of your choice then purchase. If you receive a notification message that indicates that you couldn’t buy the data plan due to insufficient balance, know that you are eligible for the data plan. Then you can go ahead and buy the required amount of airtime needed to purchase the plan of your choice.
I’ll drop my pen here, guys. I hope you find this little piece of information helpful and your friend might do too. Why don’t you take a moment of your time to use the share buttons to help your friends out with this little info. Thanks.