Most of you should be familiar with the Umba referral program. This referral program has been around for a long now, and in as much as coming back with a good offer of rewarding users with N1,000 cash for referring one person, worth it right?
Before we dive in fully to this referral program, Let’s get some info on what this platform is all about and how we can make use of it in the long run if the need arises.
What is Umba?
Umba is a platform where you create free bank accounts, take away unnecessary bank charges, and provide an ecosystem of connected financial services that allows you complete control of your money, all in one app.
Now that we’ve seen some other interesting things the platform has to offer, let’s have a look at its referral program, know how it works and see if we can benefit from it.
How does the Umba referral program work?
The referral program works as follows:
- Your friend installs Umba using your referral code;
- Your friend creates an Umba account and inputs your referral code and completes payment to a third party (another Umba user) with a minimum value of N100; and
- Both of you get N1,000 deposited into your Umba wallet.
It is a win-win situation if you use a referral code to open your Umba account, you end up getting N1,000 for free when you complete a transaction of N100. You can transfer it to any of your bank accounts or use it to pay for any bill it can afford, e.g, airtime.
How to join this referral program
- Download the Umba app from here. Enter your phone number to get a link to download the app to your phone. Download and install it.
- Launch the app, tap Sign Up, fill in the required details to create the account. Use qualytech as your referral code to get the sign-up bonus (Not compulsory).
- After you’re done with creating the account, you need to verify it. You are going to need to provide your full name, D.O.B (Date of Birth), N.I.N (National Identification Number) and selfie during the verification process. After doing this, wait for some minutes for the verification process to be complete. You should get verified if all data provided is correct.
- Once you get verified, go to the Rewards section, create a referral tag, and share your link to friends and family members telling them of this program.
* The major setback with this referral program is the fact that you can’t earn when you refer more than 5 people.
I believe you’ve got the whole idea of how the Umba referral program works. Your referral needs to download the app and complete a payment to a third party with a minimum value of N100 before both of you can receive the N500 bonus. If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to use the comment box, I’ll be happy to help.