YouTube has recently announced that videos on YouTube Music will soon become exclusive to YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium subscribers. It simply means that non-premium users will listen to songs without videos.
YouTube Music will continue to allow free users to access dedicated mood mixes on the platform but users who aren’t subscribed to either of these plans will also miss out on features like on-demand music selection and unlimited skips.
Here’s a detailed list of features free and paid users will be able to experience:
- Listen to music in the background
- Shuffle play personalized mixes (that are made just for you!)
- Find the perfect mood mixes for activities like workout, commute and more
- Explore millions of songs & thousands of playlists, free of cost
Premium subscription users:
- Listen to songs on-demand
- Watch videos on YouTube Music
- Skip tracks an unlimited number of times
- Enjoy YouTube Music without ads
We can expect the update to roll out to other regions and alongside this update, some features will become exclusive to YouTube Music Premium listeners.